Why have care at home?
United Kingdom Homecare Association Ltd (UKHCA) defines home care as a social, personal care, nursing or domestic service that is usually delivered in the service user's home. They estimate that 517 000 people received home care in England in 2011-2012. Care at home can be beneficial to both clients and their families Some of the advantages include:
- Enabling clients to receive personalised care and attention they need so they can stay safe and well
- Allowing clients to stay in familiar surroundings where they are happy and comfortable
- Giving the clients family peace of mind that their loved ones are looked after and in good hands
- Facilitating more cost effective care than clients would receive in residential care
- Enabling clients to maintain maximum independence but still aid them where assistance is needed
- Giving the client companionship and conversation to avoid loneliness and depression
Who are we?
Firstpoint Homecare is a wholly owned subsidiary of Servoca Plc. The parent company operates in a number of specialist public sector recruitment markets including healthcare and education. With years of experience in the domiciliary care sector , Firstpoint Homecare has continuously expanded and is now a leading provider of care at home throughout the UK.
Every month 7500 members of our staff provide 42 000 hours of care to our clients who include local authorities, the private sector and the NHS.
We are also registered and regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
What do we do?
We understand that it can be overwhelming for both our clients and their families when considering home care.Through our Person Centred Planning of care, we work with our clients to offer customised, flexible and affordable domiciliary care that meets their needs.
Our services include:
To request a brochure click here
What sets us apart?
We believe our recruitment service is what sets us apart from other care providers.
We offer a Nurse led service, who use their clinical and professional expertise to assess, plan and supervise all aspects of care provided to our clients.
Our dedicated recruitment team also ensures that all of our carers go through a rigorous vetting process which includes:
- Face to face interviews
- Reference checks
- Fully enhanced DBS (formerly known as CRB)
- 3 day mandatory training course which includes both theory and practical elements.
Our carers are selected if they possess the appropriate skills, empathy and compassion to deliver the highest standard of care. Once the carer has been recruited we continually observe their performance through regular client feedback and spot checks. We ensure all training is being followed and clients are happy with the care they are receiving.
This enables us to employ competent, caring, well trained individuals who are very responsive to the individual needs of the clients and their families.
Clients and family members can be assured they are in safe hands.Our modern slavery and human trafficking statement can be read by clicking this link